Sunday, May 3, 2015

Face mask routine-THE INDIAN WAY


This has been the skin routine that has been saving my skin and knocking off every other product off my shelf. I have experimented with just about anything and everything. Spend many MANY  hours and lots of money trying and testing skin products, facial packs and acne medications to name a few.
We all try things we find online, googling, reading blogs and what not. What we always forget or take for granted are the home remedies and moms recipes.
The ingredients:
  • ·         Turmeric powder                 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curcuma_aromatica)
  • ·         Neem powder                      (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azadirachta_indica)
  • ·         Red sandalwood powder   (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pterocarpus_santalinus)
  • ·         Orange peel powder
  • ·         Rose water

How to use?:

Mix equal amounts of all the powders together. You can either mix right before applying or keep them mixed to use later. Make a paste of the mixture using rose water and apply generously on face. Wait for 20-30 mins for the pack to dry, allowing the skin to soak up all the ingredients. Once the pack is dry and starts pulling on the skin, wash it off. Turmeric can cause a slight yellow color color to stick to skin, so make sure to wash thoroughly with a soap free face wash or a mild face wash.
Make sure to apply moisturizer after washing and pat drying your face, because face masks can drain oils from the skin. I usually follow my face pack with bio oil, rubbing two or three drops of it on to my hand and then applying it to my face.

How often? :

Initially I used to put the mask on only whenever I felt like my skin was not at its best but I soon realized that in order to get results that last I had to follow it religiously and now I put on the mask everyday, half hour before my shower. I advise that you use it regularly , if every day is a bit too much work.

What it did for me? :

The combination has helped cleanse my skin by eliminating blackheads and hence controlling my acne. My skin ACTUALLY  feels a lot better  and SMOOTHERRRR.  This may or not work for you, but I would 100% recommend this as I saw results. I would suggest that if your skin is sensitive, you reduce the amount of turmeric as it can sting a bit and can cause very light bleaching.








No comments:

Post a Comment